What does your homeowners insurance cover? The short answer is: "A basic homeowners insurance policy (called HO-1 in insurance lingo) covers your home and possessions if they're damaged or destroyed by these things: Fire Lightning Windstorm (unless you live in a hurricane zone) Hail (not available everywhere) Explosion Riots Civil commotion Aircraft (and things falling from aircraft) Vehicles (and things thrown from vehicles) Smoke Vandalism (although some policies exclude this) Malicious mischief Theft Volcanic eruption But many states don't allow this basic policy to be sold.

Sabine Robertson profile photo
Sabine Robertson
Broker, Associate
Your Real Estate Expert for Life
Silver International Realty 30A
Main : 850-830-6461